Professor Paul Solomon spearheads the MS in Marketing program and teaches graduate capstone courses. He has received USF's Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award a dozen times, recognizing excellence as an educator.
An expert in focus group research, market surveys, and strategic planning for a variety of firms in the health care, entertainment, packaged goods, home building, and real estate industries, Solomon has worked with firms such as Hill and Knowlton Public Relations, BayCare Hospital System, Johnson & Johnson, AAA AutoClub South, Jim Walter Homes, Jewel-Osco, Moffitt Cancer Center, Florida Blood Services, Sears, Parke-Davis, Holland & Knight, and Val-Pak. His research in promotion and services marketing has been published extensively in the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Advertising, Journal of Advertising Research, Journal of Accountancy, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Business, and Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, among others. He has provided expert witness testimony on legal and marketing issues, including anti-trust (United States Department of Justice), direct mail, sales tactics, and trademark infringement.
Solomon holds a PhD from Arizona State University and two degrees from the University of Denver. He previously served as associate dean of graduate studies at the University of Texas at Arlington. He also served as director of research for a mid-sized advertising agency and owned/operated a marketing research firm.
- GEB 6895 - Integrated Business Applications
- MAR 6815 - Marketing Management
- "Teaching Medical Students Healthcare Entrepreneurship: The Business of Medicine Boot Camp-BRIDGE Clinic Collaboration at the USF College of Medicine, Proceedings of the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USABE) New Orleans," LA, January 2012, Co-author Dr. William G. Marshall, Jr.
- "Intimacy Advertising: A converging Comparison of Rational and Emotional Appeals," Proceedings of the Academy of Business Research, November, 2011, Co-author Dr. Andrea Scott and Dr. Samuel L Seaman.
- Healthcare Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Medical Students, Proceedings of ICBM Conference 2010, Societal Entrepreneurship Track, Stockholm, Sweden July 2010, Co- author Dr. William G. Marshall, Jr., Corey Reeves, Matthew Tufts, Thomas Starnes and Jeffery Jones.
- Director MS program in Marketing
- Member of Graduate Policy Committee
- Chair of 2 Search Committees-Instructor in Marketing, Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship
- Member of Curriculum committee for new Advertising program in business.