James Stock is Distinguished University Professor and Frank Harvey Endowed Professor of Marketing and teaches courses in marketing management, marketing strategy, logistics and supply chain management. He has received the Outstanding Professor Award from the Graduate Business Association multiple times in recognition of excellence as an educator.
An internationally-recognized expert in supply chain management, logistics, and reverse logistics/product returns, Stock has authored 150+ publications and is on the review board of several international journals, including the International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Logistics Research, European Business Review, South African Journal of Transportation and Supply Chain Management, International Journal of Value Chain Management, and Paradigm—Journal of IMT Ghaziabad. He has authored or co-authored several books, including Strategic Logistics Management, Fundamentals of Logistics Management, Development and Implementation of Reverse Logistics Programs, and Reverse Logistics. He is co-authoring two new textbooks — one in supply chain management and a second in logistics management. Stock received the 2011 CSCMP Distinguished Service Award, the 1988 Armitage Medal, and the 2003 Eccles Medal from SOLE - the International Society of Logistics – recognizing his contributions to the discipline.
He earned BS and MBA degrees from University of Miami (Florida) and a PhD from The Ohio State University. He has previously taught at the University of Notre Dame, University of Oklahoma, Air Force Institute of Technology and Michigan State University.
- MAR 6216 - Logistics and Physical Distribution
- MAR 6816 - Marketing Strategy
- MAR 6936 - Supply Chain Management
- MAR 7787 - Marketing Theory and Thought
- Baker, Brent L. and James R. Stock, "The Importance of Historical Research in Logistics and Supply Chain Management: A Biographical Perspective," accepted for publication in the Proceedings of the CSCMP Educator's Conference, Philadelphia, PA, October 2, 2011. [refereed]
- Stock, James R., Stefanie Boyer, and Tracy Harmon, "Research Opportunities in Supply Chain Management," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science Special Issue on Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Vol. 38, No. 1 (2010), pp. 32-41.
- Stock, James R., "A Research View of Supply Chain Management: Developments and Topics for Exploration," ORiON, Vol. 25, No. 2 (2009), pp. 147-160.
- Former Editor, Journal of Business Logistics (the top academic journal in logistics and supply chain management)
- Former Editor, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management as well as Logistics Spectrum
- Serves on the Editorial Review Boards of seven international journals in the areas of logistics, operations management, and supply chain management