Sajeev Varki teaches courses in global marketing, marketing management, and promotions management, marketing strategy, and marketing research; he has taught at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels.
His expertise in marketing, advertising, and strategy reflects his work experience as a business economist in Tata Economic Consultancy Services, Mumbai, India and as an ad agency account manager in Delhi, India. His work has been published in, among others, the Journal of Marketing Research, Psychometrika, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Advertising, Marketing Letters, Journal of Service Research, Journal of Business Research, and European Journal of Marketing. His co-authored work on "modeling fuzzy data" in Journal of Marketing Research won the 2000 Don Lehmann Award for the best dissertation paper and was also a finalist for the Paul Green Award for best paper. Work he co-authored in 1996 on 'customer delight' was a runner up for the Davidson Award at the Journal of Retailing. A paper that he co-authored in 2000 on 'using service quality for competitive decisions' in the International Journal of Service Research was a Literati Club Award winner at the journal.
Varki holds a degree in engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, an MBA from the Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, and a PhD in Management from Vanderbilt University.
- MAR 6816 - Marketing Strategy
- MAR 6636 – Marketing Research
- Dan Sheinin, Sajeev Varki, and Christy Ashley (2011), "Creativity in Advertising: Its Measurement and Impact on Brand Equity," Journal of Advertising, 40 (3), 5-17.
- Curran, Jim, Sajeev Varki, and Deb Rosen (2010), 'Loyalty and its Antecedents: Are the Relationships Static, Journal of Relationship Marketing, (9), 179-199.
- Ashley, Christy and Sajeev Varki (2009), "Loyalty and its Influence on Complaining Behavior and Service Recovery Satisfaction," Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, 22, 21-35.
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Service Research
- Former Editorial Board Member, Journal of Marketing
- Ad hoc Reviewer, Journal of Retailing and Sloan Management Review
- Member, Muma College of Business Research Committee and Faculty Executive Committee