Patrick Wheeler is an associate professor teaching graduate courses in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy. He also serves as the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy PhD Committee Chair.
More than 20 of his papers have been published in scholarly journals, such as The Accounting Review, Behavioral Research in Accounting, and Journal of Information Systems. He also served as a co-author on the 9th edition of Accounting Information Systems. Wheeler, a CPA, serves as a member of the American Accounting Association (AAA), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants. He serves as an editorial board member or ad hoc reviewer for numerous publications.
Wheeler served on USF's faculty from 1999 to 2002, and was an associate professor at the University of Missouri for 10 years where he served as the CBIZ/MHM endowed scholar. He returned to USF in 2012. He holds a PhD in accountancy from Georgia State University and a BA from the University of Florida.
- ACG 3401 - Accounting Information Systems
- GEB 7982 - Research and Writing Skills (DBA Program)
- ACG 7936 - Research Methods PhD Seminar
- ACG 7536 - Managerial Accounting PhD Seminar
- ACG 6457 - Accounting Systems Audit, Controls and Security
- Arunachalam, V., C. Chan, J. Prather-Kinsey, and P. Wheeler. (2017) "Multinational managers' perceptions of how culture and MCS affects firm performance." Journal of International Business and Cultural Studies 10.
- Gelinas, U., R. Dull,. P. Wheeler. (2017) Accounting Information Systems, 11th edition. Cengage Learning.
- Murthy, U. & Patrick Wheeler. 2016. The effects of generic cognitive feedback, decision-aid design, and task experience on the collection of initial audit evidence. Revise and Resubmit at Journal of Information Systems.
- Beck, Grant, R. Limor, V. Arunachalam and P. Wheeler. (2014) "The Effect of Changes in Decision Aid Bias on Learning: Evidence of Functional Fixation," Journal of Information Systems 28(1): 19-42.
- Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy PhD Committee Chair and Coordinator
- Muma College of Business Doctoral Program Chair
- University Graduate Council
- Committee A