Muma Trading Challenge
Compete, learn, have fun and win a scholarship!
The Muma Trading Challenge is a simulated trading competition in real-time hosted by TD Ameritrade's thinkorswim® platform. No experience necessary and open to any Muma College of Business student. Have you got what it takes to win?
Registration is open now until January 29, 2017. Trading begins February 1, 2017. All players begin with $1 million in virtual cash. Highest account value on April 28, 2017 wins a $1,000 scholarship.
How to register:
- Click on the following link:
- Select Sign Up and complete the registration process.
- Once registration is complete, you will receive a link to download the thinkorswim paperMoney® application via e-mail from email@example.com
- Once downloaded, click on the application to open. You must add @tos to your username and click on Paper Money as shown below:
- Registration ends January 29, 2017 @ 11:59 p.m. Absolutely no exceptions so don't wait until the last minute!
- Individual accounts only (no teams).
- No position can exceed 10% of your total portfolio value (i.e, with $1 million allocation, initial position in any one security cannot exceed $100,000)
- You can trade as much or as little as you like, but note that each trade has a direct cost of $9.99
- In order to qualify for the $1000 award you must have at least 25 trades (a buy and sell would count as 2).
- Note that we are relaxing some of the constraints from last semester. Margin, derivatives and shorting are ALLOWED.
Who should I contact if I am having difficulty?
TD Ameritrade has a dedicated staff to support this simulation. All questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 800-513-4322.
Where can I go to research a security?
The sheer amount of financial information available to market participants is daunting. The TD Ameritrade platform provides a ton of available research at your disposal and is a great place to start. We provide a link to many other popular investment sites on this page.