TechHire Innovative Business Technology Bootcamp
- Week 1
September 11, 2017 - September 15, 2017
Core Technology Concepts
- Week 2
September 18, 2017 - September 22, 2017
Business Concepts & Project Development
- Week 3
September 25, 2017 - September 29, 2017
Business Product Development
- Week 4
October 2, 2017 - October 6, 2017
Business Product Development & Presentations
More boot camp dates will be announced soon.
Training location for the September boot camp will be located at Tampa Metropolitan Ministries. Future locations will be announced soon.
The specific classroom location will be provided to the student upon registration of the program.
Parking will be made available for all students attending the boot camp. Public transportation stops are available within walking distance of the training location.
The Innovative Programming Bootcamp aims to help young people age 17-29 in the Tampa Bay Area with disadvantaged backgrounds discover and learn technology skills that are in demand by Tampa Bay businesses.
Instruction is provided by full time USF faculty where guided hands-on exercises will be used o teach students how to solve today's business problems.
Students will be taught a series of core technology competencies followed by hands-on experience developing a "real world" solution proposed by a company.
Each student will have the opportunity to present their created products in front of business stakeholders to demonstrate their newly acquired practical skill.
- Tech skills are in high demand
- The tech job market is the fastest growing market in the country
- Tech workers are paid 2x more than other workers on average
"We need to be equipped for the jobs of the future, which means not just being able to work with computers but developing the analytical and coding skills to power our innovation economy," - Barack Obama
- Get hands-on experience with relevant technology that can get you a job
- Learn from top professors from University of South Florida
- Get one-on-one support in small, personal classrooms
- Work on real problems provided by Tampa Bay businesses
- Get chance to show off your new skills to Tampa's best companies
- Direct, personal access to potential employers in Tampa
Our bootcamp is 100% FREE because it is supported by:
- Federal TechHire Grant
- CareerSource Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Area Businesses will be providing real world business problems for students to develop a potential technology solutions. Once students have completed the "Core Technology Competency" training portion of the program, they will be presented with a unique business problem.
Students will be divided into teams and leanr technology that could be used to solve a problem. Student will develop "Project Specific Technology Competency" with their team using a blended learning apporach including:
- Online training
- In-class training and activities
- Hands-on assistance by USF faculty
By completing the bootcamp you will receive the following benefits:
- Portfolio of work to demonstrate your skills to potential employers.
- Certificate of completion for the bootcamp as well as the technical skill you have trained for.
- Opportunity to interview for employment with one of our primary corporate sponsors.
Get In Touch
Phone: (813) 815-1199