Info sessions provide an opportunity for employers who are actively hiring to share details about full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities. Held on campus, most info sessions are brief and provide information on current and upcoming job openings as well as tips on how to obtain a job within the company and ample opportunity for students to ask questions.
Usually held from 5-6 p.m., attire for most sessions is business casual (though some do require professional dress).
Most info sessions include a short PowerPoint presentation on the company and hiring opportunities.
Employers are encouraged to make the info session a dialogue and allow students to ask questions during the presentation. Employers also generally allow 10-15 minutes after the presentation for one-on-one questions.
Companies hosting information sessions at the Muma College of Business frequently do so to promote on-campus interviews at USF Career Services. Students register for interviews at the Career Services website.
Benefits for Employers
- Info sessions are generally scheduled at a time when business students have fewer classes, from 5-6 p.m.. Other times can be arranged, upon request.
- Most info sessions are open to all business majors, but can be targeted towards students in specific fields (accounting, finance, information systems, etc).
- Come prepared to share information about the company, current, and future openings, and skills sought in prospective employees.
- Register for on-campus interviews with USF Career Services.
- Bring hard copies of brochures or other promotional materials; bring your presentation on a USB drive.
- Please share the company logo (high res jpg preferred) to help us promote your info session.