Program Admission Deadlines
Spring: December 1 (extended due to the volume of applications and delays caused by
Spring admission only
Must meet university requirements (see Graduate Admissions) as well as requirements listed below.
- At least 12 years of work experience, at least five of which are as an executive or senior-level manager
- Master's degree (or bachelor's degree with approved additional courses).
- A completed application, including a statement of purpose and transcripts for all prior undergraduate and graduate coursework
- GRE and GMAT scores are not required, but may be provided
- An interview with program faculty members
Degree Program Requirements
A minimum of 72 credit hours are required. This includes 20 credit hours of proposal and dissertation. As a result of the program's cohort structure, all doctoral coursework must be completed at the University of South Florida within the DBA program. Students seeking to transfer from other programs should contact the program director prior to applying. All program requirements will normally be completed in three years. In the event of unavoidable interruptions to a student's progress, the student may petition the DBA Program Committee for an extension up to a maximum of five years from the student's original starting date. Any student not completing all program requirements within the five year time period will be dropped from the program and the student would need to re-apply for admission to the program in the event he or she wishes to continue.