MS in Business Analytics / Information Systems (MS/BAIS)
Graduate Admission forms can be obtained online for both domestic and international students. These forms, in addition to USF's Deferment of Admission Form, Financial Statement Form and Florida Residency Classification Forms can be found at the USF Graduate Admissions site.
Students are admitted to the Program for the Fall and Spring semesters of each year. All Application materials, including completed application form, official transcripts of all previous college work and GMAT or GRE scores, are due no later than the dates listed in the table below.
Program Admission Requirements
Students are admitted to the MS in Business Analytics / Information Systems program based on the evaluation of their application in its entirety, including
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.00 GPA
- GMAT, GRE or other standardized scores for graduate programs (e.g. MCAT, LSAT).
- For students with 5 years or more of relevant full-time work experience in Information Technology/ Information Systems/ Business Analytics in USA, the requirement of standardized scores may be waived.
- Students requesting such waivers should provide information justifying such waivers based on the above criteria. Additional documentation may be sought when deemed appropriate by the program.
- Language proficiency scores (for international students only) (e.g. TOEFL with a minimum score of 79) using TOEFL or IELTS or other standardized English tests as accepted by Graduate Admissions.
- Letters of recommendations,
- Statement of purpose, and
- Relevant work experience.
Graduate Application Status can be checked at the USF Graduate Admissions site.
- June 1
- June 1
- November 1
- November 1 in the U.S. who do not need an initial I-20
- September 15* outside U.S.
*The application deadline for spring international students has been extended beyond those published on the USF Graduate Studies website.
Additional information for International Students, such as language requirements, tracking an international application, university wide financial resources for international applicants, issuance of an I-20, and request forms for a USF ID number can be found at International Services (http://global.usf.edu/isss/).
Incoming students are expected to have the following as prerequisites:
- One semester of a high-level, object oriented programming language (e.g., C#, C++, Java) or substantial programming experience
- One semester of Information Systems Analysis and Design or equivalent experience
- One semester of Database Systems or equivalent
- A course in Statistics
- a course in economics
- a course in financial accounting.
These required prerequisite courses may be taken concurrently with courses in the MS in Business Analytics / Information Systems program. Prerequisite courses do not count toward the 33 credit hours of course requirements in the MS in Business Analytics / Information Systems program.