Master of Science in Finance
(To view course descriptions, use Search-A-Bull)
Foundation courses can be waived for students who have completed equivalent courses in either an undergraduate program or a graduate program that is AACSB accredited. A course will be waived only if it has been completed with a grade of A or B within five years of entering the MSF program. If students are not waived from these courses, the foundation courses should be completed at the beginning of the MSF prior to the core curriculum.
- ACG 6026 Accounting Concepts (3)
- ECO 6005 Economic Concepts (3)
- FIN 6406 Financial Management (2)
- QMB 6305 Managerial Decision Analysis (2)
MSF Curriculum (credit hours are noted in parentheses)
Core Finance (15 credits)
- FIN 6416 Advanced Financial Management (3)
- FIN 6465 Financial Statement Analysis (3)
- FIN 6515 Investments (3)
- FIN 6934 Financial Modeling & Analytics (3)
- FIN 6425 Financial Policy (3)—must be taken at the end of the program after the other core courses are completed
Core finance courses may be waived for students who graduated with finance majors from AACSB accredited programs within five years of entering the MSF program. Only courses with the same content as the core finance courses can be used to satisfy the MSF course requirements, and students must have earned grades of A or B to have such courses waived. Advanced finance elective courses with the same total credit hours must be substituted for waived courses.
Advanced Finance Electives (15 credits)
Students can select any of the graduate courses offered by the Finance Department or approved graduate courses offered in the Economics Department. Students make satisfy up to 6 credit hours from other business departments with prior approval. Examples of finance and economics courses are listed below.
- FIN 6246 Advanced Money and Capital Markets (3)
- FIN 6605 International Finance (3)
- FIN 6537 Financial Options and Futures (3)
- REE 6045 Real Estate Decisions (3)
- ECO 6115 Microeconomics (3)
- ECO Mathematical Economics (3)
Total program (30 hours)
To be granted an MSF degree, a student must have completed all of the required courses with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.