Master of Accountancy
Must meet University requirements (see Graduate Admissions) as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- 3.00 overall upper-level GPA and a 3.00 GPA in all upper-level accounting courses
(minimum of 21 hours at a U.S. regionally accredited program generally within the
past 5 years); OR completion of the following "foundation" courses with a minimum
grade of B in each course:
- Intermediate Financial Accounting I (ACG 3103)
- Intermediate Financial Accounting II (ACG 3113)
- Cost Accounting and Control I (ACG 3341)
- Accounting Information Systems (ACG 3401)
- Auditing I (ACG 4632)
- Concepts of Federal Income Taxation (TAX 4001)
- Minimum GMAT score of 500 or higher or equivalent GRE score of 305. Students may apply for a GMAT waiver if the student has obtained an undergraduate degree from USF Tampa and earned a GPA of at least 3.3 in the 6 core accounting major courses. Applicants should complete the following form and upload it to the score section of the online application. MAcc GMAT Waiver Request
Students with undergraduate degrees with majors other than accounting are encouraged to contact Undergraduate Advising at the Muma College of Business.
Admission to the MAcc Degree Program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. For full consideration, please submit your application by the deadlines shown above.
To apply, complete the online application. USF graduates do not need to provide transcripts unless they completed coursework at another school after attending USF. Students from other institutions need to provide transcripts. All applicants need to provide GMAT scores. Admission decisions can be made with unofficial score reports, so applicants are encouraged to provide them with their application.
Program Admission Deadlines
Fall: June 1
Spring: October 15
Summer: February 15
For Application Information Contact
James Derr, Graduate Recruiter