Master of Science in Marketing
Foundation Courses (0-4 credits)
Foundation courses are taken by students who do not have an undergraduate degree in marketing from an AACSB accredited institution completed within the past 5 years. Students who do have such degree should consult with the MS Marketing advisor to request a waiver of these courses. Students who have an undergraduate degree in a business field other than marketing may be able to waive the QMB 6305 Managerial Decision Analysis but will most likely need the MAR 6815 Marketing Management. These courses are taken in your first semester of the program.
- MAR 6815 Marketing Management (2 credits)
- QMB 6305 Managerial Decision Analysis (2 credits)
Marketing Core (15 credits)
- MAR 6936 Creativity in Marketing (3 credits)
- MAR 6936 Marketing Analytics (3 credits)
- MAR 6936 Consumer Behavior Insights (3 credits)
- MAR 6936 Digital Marketing (3 credits)
- MAR 6816 Marketing Strategy ( 3 credits)
Area of Emphasis or General Marketing Courses (9 credits)
Students can choose an area of emphasis in either Marketing Analytics, Digital Marketing & Brand Management, or Supply Chain Management. For students who do not wish to focus their Marketing courses in one area, they can choose to take a general track approach which allows courses from all areas of Marketing.
Elective Coursework (6 credits)
Students can choose to take any two courses from an area of specialization or from the recommended courses below.
- MAR 6936 Selected Topics in Marketing
- GEB 6527 Lean Six Sigma
- ISM 6156 Enterprise Resource Planning and Business Process Management
- MAN 6448 Negotiating Agreements and Resolving Conflicts
- GEB 6224 Improvisation in Business Organizations