Online Master of Business Administration
Submit the following:
- Graduate Application
All graduate applications to USF must be submitted online (Application)
($30 application fee)
- Transcripts (one transcript from every institution of higher learning attended)
Mail transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 33620-6900
- Supporting Documents
You should upload the documents through the online application site.
- Updated Professional Résumé
- Statement of Purpose (1 to 2 pages on why you would like to earn your MBA at USF and what your plans are after you earn it)
- Unofficial GMAT scores (for preliminary decision)
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Two recommendation letters.The application has a feature that allows applicants to
enter in their references' contact information and request a letter. Once the reference has
submitted the letter, it attaches to the application. (No longer required as of Fall
- Official GMAT scores must be sent directly from Pearson VUE.
(A GMAT Review Course is available)
- Part-time Code: VP9-M4-80
- Full-time Code: VP9-M4-97
To request consideration for a GMAT/GRE waiver, students must meet one of two options and upload the appropriate form to their application:
Applicants must have extensive work experience in a career with upward mobility and a minimum of five years of professional experience. PLEASE NOTE: Waiver forms will only be considered if the MBA application is complete. If you meet this criteria, please upload this form to your application.
Applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree from USF Tampa, a State of Florida Preeminent Institution or from an Association of American University (AAU) and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher as indicated on the transcript (no rounding), can submit a GMAT waiver request. If you meet this criteria, please upload this form to your application.
In addition to the items listed above, international students must supply the following:
- All foreign transcripts require a course by course evaluation from a foreign transcript evaluation service. Transcript Evaluation Services
- Applicants whose native language is not English or who have not earned a degree in the United States must also submit TOEFL scores. TOEFL scores must be sent directly from ETS (click here for more information on TOEFL Requirements).
Application Deadlines (Deadlines are subject to space availability in our incoming classes)
- Domestic - June 1
- International (In the US who do not need an initial I-20) - June 1
- International (Outside the US) - Feb 1 Extended to June 1st
- Domestic - October 15
- International (In the US who do not need an initial I-20) - October 1
- International (Outside the US) - July 1
The Muma MBA program mixes several types of learning: teamwork, class discussion, presentations, case analyses, and experience. We seek competitive candidates who would fit well in this multi-faceted learning environment to become part of the USF Muma MBA community.
The admissions committee bases its decision on the strength of the application as a whole. Current students have an average of five years of professional working experience, as well as an excellent academic record. Outstanding qualities in one area may compensate for a weakness in another. The admission committee will consider prior college-level academic performance, GMAT (preferred) or GRE scores, professional work experience, community or volunteer service, and any other information that might help convince the committee that the applicant is a good fit for this program.
For the most recent classes, the GMAT average has been around 572. We strongly recommend that you prepare well before taking the GMAT. A GMAT review course is available.
As part of the portfolio approach, applicants with 5 or more years of upper level managerial experience* may request a GMAT / GRE waiver. Waivers will only be considered with other exceptional qualities of the overall application, including, but not limited to: GPA, years of professional work experience, upward mobility, potential for reaching the c-level executive. Only applicants with complete applications can request waivers. GMAT waiver requests are not guaranteed, and approvals for these requests are extremely selective.
*Examples of upper level managerial experience include but are not limited to: hiring/firing, significant budgetary authority, profit/loss responsibility or higher level project management experience that includes supervisory responsibilities.
Waiver requests do not guarantee approval. Each request is reviewed individually and waivers are granted on a selective basis.
Applicants must hold a degree from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution in the United States or from a recognized institution in a foreign country, but MBA students come from a myriad of backgrounds. They hold undergraduate degrees from a variety of areas, such as business, psychology, communications, medicine, education, engineering, arts, or architecture. Students work in fields as varied as sales, education, military, manufacturing, healthcare, marketing, technology, the arts, banking, or professional sports.
Strong candidates earned at least a 3.0 GPA in their last 60 undergraduate credit hours. In our most recent MBA classes, the average undergraduate GPA was 3.3.
International applicants from non English-speaking countries must also meet minimum TOEFL scores.