In this area of study students develop knowledge and analytical skills that firms and investors need to value assets in domestic and international settings and make decisions in a risk-return framework.
The Finance area provides an understanding of the economic issues related to the valuation of assets in domestic and international settings. It will help students develop the skills needed to analyze the investment and capital structure decisions faced by firms and investors. The course sequence focuses on financial decisions in a risk-return framework. This area of study places emphasis on developing and fostering the student's decision-making skills.
The following two courses are required:
- FIN 6416 Advanced Financial Management
Must be taken before taking any more courses in this area of study, can be taken in conjunction with FIN 6615 Investments
- FIN 6515 Investments
Students should take one course from the following:
- FIN 6418 Working Capital Management
- FIN 6425 Financial Policy
- FIN 6605 International Financial Management
- FIN 6804 Theory of Finance
- FIN 6246 Money and Capital Markets
- FIN 6537 Financial Options and Futures
- REE 6045 Real Estate Decisions