Compliance in Financial Services Industry
This area of study helps students develop skill and knowledge in compliance, risk analysis, and security in the insurance and financial services sectors.
Publicly held companies must comply with a host of regulatory requirements such as those stemming from the Sarbanes Oxley Act. Companies in the insurance and financial services sector have unique risk management and security concerns. By taking these courses, an MBA student can demonstrate a focus on compliance, risk and security, to enhance employment opportunities in the aforementioned sectors.
Students should select 3 courses from below.
- FIN 6515 Investments – PR: FIN 6406
- ACG 6457 Accounting Systems Audit, Control & Security
- ISM 6328 Information Security and Risk Management
- ECP 6456 Law and Economics
- GEB 6930 Special Topics: Anti-Money Laundering
- ISM 6136 Data Mining
- FIN 6605 International Financial Management- PR FIN 6406