Compliance in Financial Services Industry
This area of study helps students develop skill and knowledge in compliance, risk analysis, and security in the insurance and financial services sectors.
Publicly held companies must comply with a host of regulatory requirements such as those stemming from the Sarbanes Oxley Act. Companies in the financial services sector have unique risk management and security concerns. By taking these courses, an MBA student can demonstrate a focus on compliance, risk and security, to enhance employment opportunities in the financial sector.
Students should select 3 courses from below.
- BUL 5842 Risk Management and Legal Compliance (prereq for ACG 6936 and ACG 6457)
- ACG 6939 Forensic Accounting and Legal Issues
- FIN 6515 Investments – (prereq FIN 6406)
- ACG 6457 Accounting Systems Audit, Control & Security
- ISM 6328 Information Security and Risk Management
- ECP 6456 Law and Economics
- ISM 6137 Statistical Data Mining
- FIN 6605 International Financial Management (prereq FIN 6406)
- FIN 6416 Advanced Money and Capital Markets (prereq FIN 6406)