This area of study helps students develop an understanding of doing business across national and cultural boundaries.
The rapid integration of the economies of the world and the globalization of business present major challenges to those who would be leaders in tomorrow's business world. MBA graduates who understand the issues, problems and opportunities inherent in an international environment will have a major advantage in their ability to function and succeed in the global business arena. The International Business area of study provides the background, knowledge and skills important in doing business across national boundaries. It also provides an understanding of the cultural and business issues associated with that environment.
Students should select 3 courses from this list:
- FIN 6605 International Financial Management
- MAN 6607 Managing International Cultural Differences
- MAR 6158 International Marketing Management
- ISM 6442 International Aspects of Information Systems
- ENT 6930 Special Topics: Global Entrepreneurship
- GEB 6930 International Business Experience
This course is specifically for students who are doing an international business internship or other overseas study for which they could not otherwise get credit.