- Open to any undergraduate major with a 3.0 upper-level GPA from a regionally accredited institution
- Without undergraduate business degree: 32 credit hours (+ 16 prerequisite hours)
- With undergraduate business degree: minimum 35 hours
Step 1: Pick Your Path
Without undergraduate business degree
You must complete the Business Foundation Courses in three areas: business decision making, business measurement and market orientation. The total credit hour for the Business Foundation Courses is 16 credit hours. You may complete these courses either before or after you are admitted into the MBA program. If you decide to complete the Business Foundation Courses before applying to the MBA program, you may earn a Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations. Completing the Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations will allow you to waive the Business Foundation Courses toward pursuing your MBA at USF. Please click the link for more information on the Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations.
With undergraduate business degree
Students who earn an undergraduate business degree from a regionally accredited institution within 7 years of enrollment are typically granted waivers for foundation courses assuming they earned a grade of 'B' or better. All other students that have taken equivalent courses may request a waiver of one or more foundation courses. Students not meeting this requirement will need to take the Business Foundation Courses.
Step 2: Program Core
Regardless of path, all students are required to complete 17 credit hours of advanced core courses.
- Social, ethical, and legal systems
- Operations management
- Communication skills for managers
- Financial analysis
- Strategic business analysis
- Organizational behavior and leadership
- Leadership speaker series
- A capstone course in business (Integrated Business Applications)
Step 3: Electives
Students will be able to customize their program through elective courses. For example, those who are interested in finance can take several courses in the subject. The college has departments in
- Information systems
Electives range from 15 to 18 credit hours depending on your undergraduate degree. Students may customize the program by pursuing business-related electives outside the College of Business.