Full semester exchange programs allow students to fully immerse themselves in the culture of their host nation and attend classes at partner institutes, colleges, or universities with other foreign students as well as those local to the region. These longer trips allow students to truly get to know the people and culture while experiencing day-to-day life in another country.
These programs differ from summer study abroad programs in several ways:
- programs last an entire spring or fall semester,
- students travel solo, choosing from a list of partner institutions,
- students select courses that align with their major and are taught by faculty at partner institutions,
- students are required (in most cases) to be fully admitted to the College of Business with a 2.75+ GPA,
- all students (even out-of-state) pay in-state tuition to USF while attending foreign universities,
- participants must have completed 60+ credit hours and must return to USF for at least one semester before graduating,
- students have more freedom to explore local businesses, cultures, food, tourist attractions, and life experiences.
Costs vary based upon location. Housing, personal expenses, and costs associated with excursions are the student's responsibility.
Students choose location, duration, and courses based on their individual needs, major, and career goals. Students are strongly encouraged to make personal appointments with staff in the College of Business International Programs office; we can help students help determine which locations/programs are best suited for them and provide guidance with the (sometimes cumbersome) enrollment and registration process.
Partner Universities for Semester Exchange Programs
Aarhus School of Business