Defense Intelligence Agency
- Application Dates: December 14, 2014 (2015 Academic Semester applications). For additional information contact the Human Resources Specialist at 202-231-2736.
- Website: http://www.dia.mil/Careers/Students.aspx
- Compensation: Interns are paid an hourly rate (within GG5 to GG9) depending upon the number of credit hours completed, and relevant work experience. Part-time internships do not receive any benefits
- About the program:
DIA's Internship programs provide the opportunity to gain practical work experience in intelligence analysis, research, report writing, oral briefings, policy development, program management, and computer applications related to the intelligence field.
- Washington, DC/Baltimore, Maryland
- Quantico, VA
- Reston, VA
- Charlottesville, VA
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Tampa, Florida
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Scott Air Force Base, Illinois
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Miami, Florida
- Recommended Majors: Foreign area studies, computer science, business administration, human resources, public administration, international relations, legal, political science, chemistry, physics, biology, microbiology, pharmacology, toxicology, engineering, intelligence analysis related courses
- Completion of 60 semester hours or its equivalent at the time of participation in the program.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent at the time of application.
- U.S. citizenship of applicant. Security clearances are not granted to holders of dual citizenship. All students conditionally accepted for internships and all DIA employees are subject to initial and a periodic counterintelligence (CI)-scope polygraph tests, and drug tests.
- Please note that the security clearance processing and drug screening test cannot be conducted while the applicant is overseas.
- Application Procedures:
Attach an unofficial copy of your transcript to the on-line application. Finalists will be provided with instructions on submitting an official transcript. Please ensure to identify the following information:
- Identify a functional area of interest.
- Indicate your geographic preference for work assignment.
- Indicate how you learned about the Academic Semester Internship Program.
- Be sure to provide a permanent address, email address and daytime telephone number along with college information, and the term you applying for (Spring or Fall).
- Include your GPA when submitting your application.
- Special Instructions:
- Summer: Visit diajobs.dia.mil, click View Vacancy Announcements and Apply for DIA Jobs, and then click No when you are asked if you are a current DIA employee. Click the link to view job postings; four Summer Intern Program Vacancy Announcements will be posted to accommodate the four DIA Mission Area: Collection, Mission Enablers, and Information Systems. Place a check-mark next to the desired "Summer Intern Program'" To apply for the program, click "apply".
- Semester: Applications will only be accepted on-line at https://diajobs.dia.mil. Click on "View Vacancy Announcements & Apply for DIA jobs" then click "no" when it asks if you are a current DIA employee. Click on the link to view job postings, then place a check next to ""Academic Semester Intern Program." Click Apply. Please submit only the information requested.
- Additional Information:
Depending on your school's requirements, academic credit may be earned. You will arrange a set work schedule with your supervisor normally between 16 and 20 hours per week. DIA routinely considers successful interns for permanent hire