Corporate Mentor Program
GET STARTED NOW!
Applications for the Fall 2017 - Spring 2018 semester are now open!
While every student could benefit from a mentor, students say few university programs can top the impact having a business professional as a mentor can make. Mid to senior-level executives who have successfully navigated the collegiate and professional worlds meet with students monthly. Students may shadow the executive for a day, or mentors might extend invitations for students to tag along at chamber functions, networking events, or trade association meetings. Corporate culture, skill-sets, and career paths are common topics of conversation; over time, friendships may develop so personal guidance may even be offered.
Students within the Corporate Mentor Program are asked to commit to meeting their mentor monthly. In addition students should be open, honest, and able to accept advice and constructive criticism in the spirit intended to help you develop professionally and personally.
- First-generation students who are currently in their junior or senior year
- Students who wish to participate must have a minimum of a 2.75 GPA
- Students must complete a Corporate Mentor Program application and interview with the coordinator/advisor
- Participants must enroll in Professional Development l & ll
- Students must commit to meeting monthly with their mentor
- Students should be open, honest, and able to accept advice and constructive criticism in the spirit intended
- Students should remember that mentors are volunteers and afford them courtesy and respect