Networking Bull of the Semester
Every semester, the USF Muma College of Business hosts various networking events for students to be a part of. Networking has always been an essential part of a business student's education and career success, and we want to know what you have done to be successful. We will recognize two of our outstanding students as the "Networking Bulls of the Semester", which will be determined by various business faculty and staff. We look forward to receiving your application and hope to see you at many other networking events here at USF.
Spring 2017 Winner - Fioralba Leka
Hello Business Bulls! I am Fioralba from Albania. During my time at USF, I was involved in various organizations and networking opportunities that helped me develop personally and professionally.
How did I land a job?
Throughout my time at USF, I participated in a variety of networking events geared towards finding a job. Eventually, I applied for a job at Deloitte and was called in for an interview. I made an appointment at the Collier Student Success Center right away. At the center, I perfected my resume and participated in a mock interview in where I was asked every question an employer might ask. With the help of the Collier Student Success Center staff, I wasconfident during the Deloitte interview, and was able to quickly remember relevant experiences that showcased my skills.
Thankfully, all of my hardwork at USF has paid off, and I landed the job!
Recommendation/Key to success:
- Imagine yourself as a well rounded and successful individual.
- Do something everyday, no matter how small, to become the person you envision.
- Invest in yourself! Dedicate resources to self development such as; join an organization, learn a new language, exercise, and use the resources provided by the Collier Student Success Center.
- Don't wait until you have achieved your goal to be proud of yourself! Be proud of every step you take that brings you closer to your goals.
- Don't just be good at what you do, be EXCEPTIONAL.
- Take every opportunity presented in order to help yourself grow.
- NEVER give up. I believe that what you haven't achieved in years can be achieved in minutes or even seconds. Be persistent and find a way, even when there seems to be none.