Finance Internship Course - FIN 4940
This course is for Finance majors only and can be used as an elective course. International Students may qualify for OPT when registered for this course, please check with the International Students Office for more details.
We do not have mandatory class meetings but you are required to attend the first day of class so you are not dropped and to have your internship approved. You are also required to maintain regular contact throughout the semester.
- At least 80 credit hours completed by the term of the internship
- fully admitted to your major
- C or better in FIN 3403 and a 2.75 GPA in total business hours.
For your internship to qualify for this course, you cannot have been in the same position for more than six months with the same company. Grading Scheme: Overall Grade Satisfactory (S) or Unsatisfactory (U)
- Grow and develop professionally.
- Develop a portfolio of experience needed to succeed in business/industry.
- Develop critical-thinking skills.
- Develop communication skills.
- Assess business situations using ethical knowledge and skills.