Summer study abroad programs are designed to provide an intense academic experience while immersing students in the culture of their host country. Led by Muma College of Business faculty, these programs are a great way for students to earn USF credit hours that apply toward business degree programs as well as USF's summer academic requirements.
These programs differ from semester exchange programs in several ways:
- programs are usually short (three to nine weeks) and are only offered during summers,
- typically limited to 10-15 students per trip,
- students are enrolled in at least one (frequently two) rigorous USF business courses during the trip,
- the courses, usually three credit hours each, are taught by USF faculty, often in tandem with instructors from the host nation,
- students are required to attend pre-departure meetings with lead faculty and USF Education Abroad,
- participants are housed in shared, dormitory style accommodations.
Locations, costs, and specific program dates vary year to year.
The student-paid program fee includes USF tuition, emergency medical insurance, accommodations, corporate tours and visits, some cultural excursions, and transportation to and from the airport overseas. Students will be informed of a pre-arranged group flight (the cost of which is not included in the program fee) if they desire to travel with fellow students and faculty from Tampa, but have the option to arrange their own transportation and meet the group at a designated meeting location overseas. The program fee does NOT include meals and students are expected to cover personal expenses.
Understanding that experiencing the culture and having a little bit of fun are part of the program, voluntary evening or weekend outings are offered.
These opportunities vary by location, but include everything from hiking trips that culminate in a refreshing run through a waterfall to excursions to international landmarks such as the Taj Mahal, Tian An Men Square, or the Panama Canal.
2016 Summer Programs - Overview of all programs
- Exeter, England
- Florence, Italy
- Go for Europe - Belgium, France, Poland, and Spain
- London, England (Accounting)
- London, England (Marketing)
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Yonsei University - Seoul, South Korea