Job Posting Service Policy
The University of South Florida Career Services job posting service is intended to provide USF students and alumni with current information on employment opportunities. Advertisement of a job vacancy in Career Connections does not indicate an endorsement or recommendation by the University of South Florida or Career Services.
Students and alumni are responsible for all necessary precautions when submitting a resume, interviewing and/or accepting positions listed on the website. It is the user's responsibility to check the accuracy and reliability of information provided as well as the credentials and integrity of the hiring organization.
Right to Refuse: Career Services reserves the right to edit or refuse job advertisements.
- Employers that are the direct hiring authority/organization may advertise part-time (temporary and short term positions), internships, cooperative education and full-time (degree and non-degree) positions.
- Employers must be an equal opportunity employer and adhere to the National Association of College & Employers (NACE) ethical and legal standards of recruitment.
- Employers must have an active account in Career Connections for each organization for which they are hiring. If an employer has more than one organization that he/she is recruiting for they must establish a separate account for that organization.
- Employers who access student resumes for other than legitimate recruitment purposes will be blocked from further use of Career Services recruitment services.
- Non-direct hiring employers (defined as employers who recruit but do not pay the salary of the employee) may not advertise in Career Connections but may place a printed copy of a job vacancy in the Third Party Vacancy Notebook, located in the Career Services Career/Employer Library.
- Eligible employers who have been granted active access to Career Connections may enter their own job postings.
- All employer vacancies are set to pending status until reviewed and approved by Career Services.
Job Announcement Guidelines
Type of Jobs that can be posted:
- Part-time, off-campus jobs
- Cooperative Education (Co-op)
Job Posting Content:
- Only job vacancy announcements can be advertised. Career fairs and/or other career related events cannot be advertised on the job posting service.
- Job content must contain the job title, job description, locations, required qualifications, salary and directions for applying.
- Any "upfront" fees, training or product purchases must be disclosed in the job description.
- Vacancy announcement must contain the employer contact information
- If you hire a USF student please report this hire to Career Services either via the Report a Hire feature in Career Connections or by contacting the Employer Relations Team at 813-974-2171.