What is Handshake?
Handshake is the online career management system for students of the University of South Florida.
In addition to being the place where you can search and apply for internships, Co-op, part-time, and full-time jobs, you can also use Handshake to:
- Upload a resume and complete your online career profile
- Allow your online career profile and resume to be viewable by employers
- Keep track of your appointments with Career Services in one location
- Learn which employers are attending upcoming Career & Internship Fairs
- View upcoming local and on-campus career events
- Research contact information for local and national employers
- Search for and apply to open positions
Who is eligible to use Handshake?
- Only current USF Tampa students and alumni can access Handshake
- USF students from the St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee campuses must gain access to Handshake via their home campus.
USF Tampa Students
- All active USF Tampa students have an account created for them at the start of their first semester at the Tampa campus.
- To access your account for the first time, log into MyUSF and under the My Resources tab, choose the option to "Find A Job (Handshake)." This will log you into Handshake automatically.
USF St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee Students
- Because all USF campuses are using Handshake, students can only access their home campus' system. Please contact your respective Career Services office to gain access.
USF Sarasota-Manatee: Handshake is arriving soon at USFSM!
- All USF Tampa graduates have free, lifetime access to Handshake. Additional services are available to alumni and some may have a nominal fee associated with them. Please visit the Alumni section of our website for more details.
How can you get help with Handshake?
Contact Career Services for assistance with Handshake!
Call: (813) 974-2171
Visit: SVC 2088
Looking for information about the Summer 2016 transition to Handshake?
We've saved all of the information from our transition and moved it to an archives page here on Handshake Headquarters. Click here to access the page.