When and How Do I Apply?
Co-op Application Timeline
Due to the Co-op interviewing and selection process, it is important that you adhere to the following application timeline. To maximize your opportunities it is best to apply at the beginning of the application period.
Spring 2014 Co-op Opportunities (Position advertisements begin Oct. 14th)
- Applications open September 3, 2013
- Deadline to apply is November 13, 2013
Summer 2014 Co-op opportunities (Position advertisements TBA)
- Applications open TBA
- Deadline to apply is TBA
Co-op Application Process
Please verify you meet all the requirements to participate in Cooperative Education. If so, follow the directions listed below. Please keep in mind that Steps 1 through 3, and the international student requirement, can be completed before the applications open.
- Review the eligibility criteria to ensure you are eligible
- Prepare your résumé for Co-op employers. Refer to the Sample Co-op Résumé for an example of the content to be included on your résumé. Use Career Express for a résumé critique
- Have an ACTIVE Career Connections account; all Co-op training positions are pre-approved and listed in Career Connections for only approved Co-op students to view and apply
- Call Career Services, 813-974-2171, to schedule an application meeting with the Co-op Coordinator or attend an Application Workshop if it fits your schedule. (Bring a printed copy of your updated resume to your meeting or workshop)
International Students Only
You must complete an Eligibility Clearance Form which must be taken to the international services office to be signed for approval to participate in Co-op. You must have the signed form before calling to schedule an appointment with the Co-op Coordinator and you must bring it with you to the appointment.