When and How Do I Apply?
Co-op Application Timeline
Due to the Co-op interviewing and selection process, it is important that you adhere to the following application timeline. To maximize your opportunities it is best to apply at the beginning of the application period.
Summer 2014 Co-op opportunities (Position advertisements begin March 3, 2013)
- Applications open January 13, 2014
- Deadline to apply is March 26, 2014 at midnight
*NEW* Co-op Application Process
Please verify you meet all the requirements to participate in Cooperative Education. If so, follow the directions listed below. Please keep in mind that Steps 1 through 3, and the international student requirement, can be completed before the applications open.
- Review the eligibility criteria to ensure you are eligible
- Prepare your résumé for Co-op employers. Refer to the Sample Co-op Résumé for an example of the content to be included on your résumé. Use Career Express for a résumé critique
- Ensure you have an ACTIVE Employ-A-Bull account with you updated résumé uploaded; all Co-op training positions are pre-approved and listed in Employ-A-Bull for only approved Co-op students to view and apply
- Log-in to your Employ-A-Bull account, click on the link for Summer 2014 Co-op Application on the home page (located above the announcements). Complete and submit the application, you will be contacted within 24-48 business hours regarding your application status. If you are eligible, you will be invited to attend a mandatory Co-op Workshop or Individual Meeting with the Co-op Coordinator. (Bring a printed copy of your updated resume to your meeting or workshop)
International Students Only
You must complete an Eligibility Clearance Form which must be taken to the international services office to be signed for approval to participate in Co-op. You must have the signed form submitted to the Career Services office before your application will be processed.