When and How Do I Apply?
Co-op Application Timeline
Due to the Co-op interviewing and selection process, it is important that you adhere to the following application timeline*. To maximize your opportunities, it is best to apply at the beginning of the application period.
Fall 2016 Co-op opportunities
- Fall 2016 Co-op Applications are closed. Please consider applying for an upcoming semester, see timelines below.
Spring 2017 Co-op opportunities
- Applications Now Available through December 16, 2016
Summer 2017 Co-op opportunities
- Applications Now Available through April 21, 2017
* Please note the dates above are subject to change, and this site will be updated to provide adequate notice if changes do occur.
Co-op Application Process
IMPORTANT: Review the Co-op eligibility page to confirm that you meet the prerequisite criteria to participate in Co-op before proceeding through the Co-op application process.
THIS SECTION IS BEING REVISED AS PART OF OUR TRANSITION TO HANDSHAKE.
1. Log into your Handshake account and on the right-hand side of your homepage, under the Recommended Resources panel, click on the Cooperative Education (Co-op) Applications link.
You may watch the orientation video, before completing the application through Handshake, here:
2. After viewing the Orientation, you will need to pass both the eligibility check and Co-op knowledge quiz (based on Orientation information) to gain access to the Co-op Application.
3. Please allow 72 business hours for us to process your application. You will receive an email from Coemail@example.com as to your application status and your next step in the process which is having your resume approved by your Career Consultant.
International Students Only
In addition to the Application Process above, you must also complete the USF Career Services Authorization E-Form through iStart. Career Services will process your application when this form is received from International Services.