Our Commitment to Your Success
The University of South Florida values experiential learning as a key component to a student's undergraduate and career success. Internships, Co-op, service learning, research, and extended volunteering can help students build confidence in their choice of major and career path. Experiential learning also helps students to become "career-ready" by developing the critical transferable skills that prospective employers seek in candidates across industries.
There are many ways to achieve success, but following our experiential learning pathway can help you to assure career success upon graduation!
The connection across this continuum of experience is our Career Readiness programming, which gives you the map and keys for your own unique career journey toward success!
1. Log in to Handshake using My USF and make sure your profile is up to date and has a current resume. Can't get it to Handshake? Click here to make sure you are eligible for an account and to see help options.
2. Let our Career Express service help you with your resume and enhance your profile.
3. Career Express can also help you to learn more about conducting an effective internship search!
4. Transfer students, juniors, and seniors - make an appointment to work with your Career Consultant! Call us at (813) 974-2171 to set up your appointment today.
5. Not sure which way to go? Come see us for Internship and Part-Time Job guidance. We can help you figure it out what your next step is.
If you already have an offer for an internship, and you are not getting credit for this internship through your academic department, we strongly recommend that you enroll in the Career Services Internship Course (IDS 3947).
By enrolling in our Internship Course, you are able to have your internship document on your academic transcripts. This online course is available for variable credit (from 0 up to 6 credit hours).
As an Internship Course, it will included in any excess hour calculations.
Your first step to request a permit for this course, is to complete this online form. Click here to get started!
If you're not sure how to get started, connect with our career readiness programming and internship events to learn more – they're free and can more personal than conducting a web search on your own.
The Internship and Career Readiness Team
Christina Ingrassia, MPA, PSHR, Assistant Director (email@example.com)
Jennifer Utroska, M.S., Coordinator of Student Employment (firstname.lastname@example.org)