The School of Aging Studies takes great pride in our continuing relationship with our alumni. Many of our alumni remain in the Tampa Bay area and often become valued partners. Across our programs, our former students may be found serving older adults through work in:
- Research and academic careers (USF Health Byrd Institute; Brandies University, Brown University, University of Pittsburgh, Washington University, Ohio State University, University of Alabama, University of Florida, University of Virginia, Rutgers University, University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill, University of South Florida, Newcastle University);
- Non-profit sector (Alzheimer's Association, Parkinson's Foundation, Life Enrichment Center of Tampa Bay);
- Long Term Care (Gulf Coast Health Care, Florida Presbyterian Homes, Estates at Carpenters, Greystone Health Care Management; John Knox Village Baycare);
- Federal Government (National Institutes of Health, Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration);
- Private sector (United Health Care, Florida Medical Quality Assurance, Inc. (FMQAI), Conifer Health Solutions, Masterpiece Living, WellCare);
- Small business (All About Aging, Quantum Leap Farm); and
- Local and State Government (City of Clearwater Office on Aging, Pasco-Pinellas Area Agency on Aging, Department of Elder Affairs, West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging).
We frequently invite alumni back to campus to share with current students, give guest lectures, and serve as mentors and advisory board members.