Master of Arts Program
Admission RequirementsTo apply, applicant must:
- Have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university.
- GRE score within the last 5 years with a minimum score of
- 149 Verbal, 142 Quantitative, 3.5 Analytical Writing, and
- At least a GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants where English is not the language of instruction must also submit a TOEFL iBT score of at least 79 which corresponds to a score of 600 on the old TOEFL test.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose, highlighting the reason for pursuing a MA degree in Gerontology, areas of interest and future career plans.
- Current Resume.
The School of Aging Studies has changed to a regular admissions format and is no longer a direct receipt program department. This means that all required application documents must be uploaded directly to the online graduate application, preferably in Adobe PDF format, and to not submit documents to the School of Aging Studies Department. All official transcripts should be sent directly to the following address:
University of South Florida
Office of Admissions
4202 East Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 33620-6900
Your GRE and TOEFL scores should be sent electronically to the University of South Florida with the following USF Institutional Code: 5828
Applications are accepted continuously throughout the year with the following deadlines:
Fall - February 15
Spring - October 15
Summer – February 15