Master of Arts Program
To apply, an applicant must:
- Have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
- GRE score within the last 5 years with a minimum score of 149 Verbal, 142 Quantitative, 3.5 Analytical Writing, and at least a GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants where English is not the language of instruction must also submit a TOEFL iBT score of at least 79, which corresponds to a score of 600 on the old TOEFL test
- Submit a Statement of Purpose, highlighting the reason for pursuing a MA degree in Gerontology, areas of interest and future career plans
- Current Resume
Applicants must meet University requirements (see Graduate Admissions) as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below:
- The GRE examination is optional for applicants who either have a 3.25 or higher GPA for all work completed as an undergraduate student, a 3.5 or higher in a completed master's degree program, or a completed doctoral degree (including professional degrees such as the JD and MD), all from a regionally accredited institution.
- For students submitting a GRE score, GRE scores of at least 149V (41st percentile), 142Q (16th percentile), 3.5 A.W. are preferred.
- Applicants where English is not the language of instruction must also submit a TOEFL iBT score of at least 79 which corresponds to a score of 600 on the old TOEFL test.
- Statement of Purpose in pursuing a MA in Gerontology
- Current Resume
- 2 letters of reference
Your GRE and TOEFL scores, if applicable, should be sent electronically to the University of South Florida with the following USF Institutional Code: 5828
Applications are accepted continuously throughout the year with the following deadlines:
Fall - February 15
Spring - October 15
Summer – February 15
For more information, please contact us at: email@example.com