Since 1974, CRCC has set the standard for competent delivery of quality rehabilitation counseling services through its nationally accredited and internationally recognized Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) certification program.
The designation of Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) is an indication of an advanced level of specialized education and training, an adherence to rigid standards of ethical practice, and an ongoing commitment to lifelong learning. Rehabilitation counselors who have earned the CRC designation possess a marketable and valued credential that distinguishes them from other counseling professionals. CRC certification also establishes a recognizable point of differentiation with employers and clients that promotes consumer confidence and protection in the workplace.
How to Prepare: Suggested Review Guides:
- Weed, R. & Hall, J. (2008) CRC Exam Guide to Success. (9th Ed.). Athens, GA: Elliot & Fitzpatrick
- Chan, F., Bishop, M., Chronister, J., Lee, E.J., & PhD, Chiu, C. Y. (2011). CRC Examination Preparation: A Concise Guide to Rehabilitation Counseling Certification. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- CRC Exam Secrets (2010). CRC exam secrets study Guide: CRC test review for the certified rehabilitation counselor certification exam. Beaumont, TX: Mometrix Media LLC.
Additional exam preparation readings, including journal articles, will be distributed in CRC optional review class. The review class is offered once a year, RCS 5905, as one credit Directed studies, register through CANVAS. The class meets a total of three times (days) from 10am-3pm.
Exam Dates/Application Deadlines
- March Exams (Spring): A complete application must be submitted and all fees must be paid by the October deadline.
- July Exams (Summer): A complete application must be submitted and all fees must be paid by the February deadline.
- October Exams (Fall):A complete application must be submitted and all fees must be paid by the May deadline.
How to Apply
Applications are online, you must print a student verification form and obtain signature. You scan and upload the signed form and submit it to CRC through the online portal.
- How to Apply for the CRCC Exam-Online Portal Tutorial
- Students are Category G: You do not need to enter employment information on the student verification form.
- Student Verification Form: Any RMHC professor with a CRC can sign the form.
When Can I Apply?
Students enrolled in Master's in Rehabilitation Counselor Education (RCE) program
accredited by CORE or Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling (CLRC) program dually accredited
by CORE and CACREP with 75% of coursework completed by February 1st for the March
exam; by June 1st for the July exam; by September 1st for the October exam.
In addition: Completion of a rehabilitation counseling internship of 600 clock hours supervised by a CRC completed prior to graduation. Student must graduate within twelve (12) months of the CRC application date under which you applied.