Online Advanced Standing MSW Program
If you wish to apply for admission to our online program, please follow the guidelines outlined below. You will note that some materials are to be sent to the USF Graduate School, and some materials should be sent to USF Innovative Education. Early submission of all application materials is strongly recommended.
Gaining admission to the MSW program is a competitive process. Applicants who meet the minimum criteria will not necessarily be accepted into the program due to space limitations. Each applicant to a graduate program at the University of South Florida is required to meet the following minimum requirements.
An applicant must have one of the following:
1. A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and satisfying at least one of the following criteria:
"B" average or better in all work attempted while registered as an undergraduate student
working for a degree, or
"B" average or better in all work attempted while registered as an upper division undergraduate student working for a baccalaureate degree.
2. A bachelor's degree with a "B" average or better from a regionally accredited institution and a previous graduate degree with a "B" average or better from a regionally accredited institution.
3. The equivalent bachelors and/or graduate degrees from a foreign institution.
NOTE: "B" average is equivalent to a 3.0 GPA
All applicants must meet the pre-requisites of an undergraduate Liberal Arts background as defined in the Procedures and Criteria for Admission portion of the MSW application.
The Advanced Standing program requires that all applicants have a BSW degree from a CSWE accredited program within the last five years. It is preferred, but not required that all applicants to the Master's Degree program in Social Work have completed one year of post undergraduate work in a social service agency (in a service capacity) or its equivalent as determined by the MSW Graduate Admissions Committee. Experiences that might be considered as equivalent to one year's work include supervised field practicum hours, extensive volunteer experience, or other professional work experiences.
All MSW applicants will have their undergraduate transcripts evaluated in relation to a set of liberal arts course pre-requisites.
All Admission materials must be received by the Graduate Admissions Office and USF Innovative Education by the specified deadlines of the year for which admission is being sought.
Applicants are required to apply to the USF Graduate School and USF Innovative Education . The procedures and required materials are outlined below.
USF GRADUATE ADMISSIONS APPLICATION
2. One official transcript of all undergraduate & graduate coursework attempted and/or completed
Send to: USF Office of Graduate Admissions
4202 E. Fowler Ave. SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 33620-2910
Online Advanced Standing MSW Program Application
1. Please complete the application for Online Advanced Standing MSW Program
3. References: Applicants to the MSW Program are required to submit three references. References should include at least one academic source and one professional source (preferably from a human services experience), and an additional source of either type. However, applicants who are unable to obtain an academic reference may substitute a work (volunteer or paid) or a personal reference. Personal References DO NOT Include Relatives
5. Two essays are required: Please upload to your online application or email each essay to Karina Acevedo
6. A personal interview with members of the faculty may be part of the admissions process. This interview will cover all matters relevant to the candidate's qualifications. Arrangements may be made for the interview to be held elsewhere when traveling distance poses a hardship for the applicant.
7. Applicants are to upload a copy of their undergraduate field internship evaluation to your online application or send to: Karina Acevedo(firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. Early submission is strongly recommended. All credentials must be received by the Graduate Admissions Office prior to the deadline for applications to the Master of Social Work program.
Summer 2018 Full-time and Part-time Advanced Standing On-Line Program: February 15,
To request more information on the Online Advanced Standing MSW Program click here or contact Karina Acevedo at 813-974-9416 or via e-mail email@example.com