USF is a Global Research University
A University of South Florida degree can help you gain new credentials and advance your career.
Our global research enterprise, highly ranked academic programs, diverse student body, large alumni network and excellent value make us an ideal choice.
- USF is a top 50 research university among both public and private institutions nationwide in total research expenditures, according to the National Science Foundation.
- USF was awarded $458.5 million in research contracts and grants in FY 2016, and ranked 21st world-wide for granted U.S. patents among all universities, according to the Intellectual Property Owners Association in FY 2015.
- USF has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity by CAE/IA Cybersecurity.
- The USF System is home to a student body of nearly 50,000 students representing over 130 different countries.
- USF was named one of the Top 100 Best Values in Public Colleges (#45) by Kiplinger's Personal Finance for 2016.
USF Has Strong Ties to the Cybersecurity Industry
The threat of cyber attack provides a huge workforce opportunity. USF, which already has a strong cybersecurity foundation, is working to expand its educational offerings, research capabilities and partnerships to help make Florida the leading cyber state.
USF's location in Tampa Bay, near U.S. CENTCOM and U.S. SOCOM at Tampa's MacDill Air Force Base, means USF can capitalize on security expertise in its backyard and serve the uniquely qualified veteran population.
USF provides a resource for cybersecurity expertise, training and partnership opportunities for higher education institutions, government agencies and businesses across the state.
USF provides educational opportunities through a masters of science degree in cybersecurity, cybersecurity-specialized graduate certificates and industry-recognized certifications.