Today, professionals with experience in cybersecurity are among the most sought after employees in the state.
In the last five years, the number of job postings for all jobs grew by 6 percent. Postings for technology jobs grew by almost 20 percent. Postings for cybersecurity-related jobs grew by more than 70 percent, according to a Computerworld report. Cybersecurity jobs are also very high-paying. The 2012 median salary for Information Security Analysts in Florida was $72,200 (rising to $117,800 at the 90th percentile).
Payscale.com reports that graduates with selected professional certifications in cybersecurity realize significant supplements to annual salary:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) - $109,464 to $154,178
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) - $100,000
- SANS/GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst - $85,000
- Microsoft Certified Professional - $70,000
- CompTIA Security + - $69,919
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - $67,407