Faculty Search Plans
FACULTY SEARCH PLAN
Whenever appropriate, Search Plans must include:
- Identification of Equal Opportunity Liaison.
- Position Vacancy Announcement and Job Description or Class Specification.
- Search Committee Membership ( Name, Job Title, Gender and Racial/Ethnic Background of each member).
- Efforts made to achieve a diverse search committee, if it is not diverse.
- Description of recruitment and hiring goals of the unit, as per Equity Accountability Plan (EAP) of the University.
- If the EAP indicates Underutilization, description of proposed Minority Recruitment Outreach Efforts (e.g. mailing of announcement to minority organizations and resource persons, etc.).
- If the EAP indicates Underutilization, description of proposed Female Recruitment Outreach Efforts (e.g. mailing of announcement to female organizations and resource persons, etc.).
- When, where, how the vacancy will be posted (e.g., internal and external media, recruitment sources, colleagues and other resource persons).
- Proposed Search Timetable (e.g., Application Review, Meetings, Interviews, etc.).
- Description of screening/evaluation processes, including instruments (e.g. screening form, rating form, interview schedule); and identification of the person(s) responsible for the initial screening of applications.
- Description of methods that will be used to check Reference/Work Experience.
- Identification of the person(s) responsible for clerical support to the Search Committee, and of the person designated by the EOL to receive the Affirmative Action Data Forms.