Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion
The Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunity s responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating, a comprehensive institutional diversity program and university-wide multi-faceted inclusion and diversity initiatives to support the University's commitment to diversity, inclusiveness and equal opportunity.
Diversity & Inclusion Objectives
- To enhance USF's Diversity Management capability.
- To integrate Diversity management into USF's system through education, policies, practices, cultural change, and shared responsibility.
- To enable colleges, divisions and units to accept responsibility and accountability for diversity management using their effective planning and review processes.
- To provide colleges, divisions and units with facilitating infrastructure and knowledge from the Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Office.
- To provide leadership in support of diversity initiatives in all units and departments of the University.
- To enhance the quality of the University's workforce, and develop culturally relevant inclusion skills for the diverse workplace of the 21st Century through educational and training opportunities.
- To provide support for enhancing the working and learning environment/climate that supports the well-being of all individuals at the University.
- To advocate for infusion of diversity concepts in the general education curriculum including multiple perspectives, and teaching strategies that prepare students for success in a diverse, and global workplace.
The Four Directions of Diversity and Inclusion
- Diversity Education,Training & Development
- New Employee Orientation Presentations
- Open Enrollment Diversity Seminars
- Diversity Seminars for departments/units
- Conference & Workshops in support of faculty & staff
- Information and Resources
- Diversity Strategic Planning & Institutional Change
- Strategic Diversity Planning
- Diversity Audit
- CLEAR Framework
- Campus Climate Survey
- Diversity Leadership & Community Engagement
- Presidential Advisory Groups
- Affinity Groups (Black, Faculty and Staff Association, Latinos Association, Asian Alliance, etc)
- Regional/State Networking Meeting
- Community Engagement Activities
- Diversity Programs, Celebrations & Student Support
- New Faculty Tampa Tour
- Women's Leadership Awards Luncheon
- National Multicultural Tour
- Mentoring Minority Undergraduate Students
- Diversity Celebrations
- Theodore and Vivian M. Johnson Scholarship
- Presentations to classes, including University Experience
- Support diverse student groups and diverse programs
- Safe Zone Ally Program
- Future Programs
For More Information Please Contact Patsy Sanchez at email@example.com