Master of Arts Teaching (MAT)
Follow these simple steps to complete the admission process for the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program:
- Seek USF College of Education advising.
- Attend an advising session (Information Sessions Coming Soon),
- Or eSchedule an Advisor Appointment.
- Complete a USF Application: Get Started Today!
- Students should possess a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited university.
- Students should show they received a "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) average or higher in all work attempted cumulatively or as an upper division student (usually the last 60 hours of coursework).
- Demonstrate mastery of general knowledge as demonstrated by passing the General Knowledge Test (GKT) or passing the Graduate Records Exam (GRE)*. The GKT will be required for graduation and to receive teacher certification in the state of Florida.
- Complete the required fingerprinting/background check process for field experiences during the program.
- Some programs may require additional application materials, and you can submit these to your MAT Academic Advisor.
- Register for classes with your academic advisor.
|Spring (January start)||November 15|
|Summer (May start)||April 15|
|Fall (August start)||
** Application Deadline Information: Please note that applications for international students are earlier. See the Graduate School website for more information on international student admission.
Applications are accepted after the published deadlines. Please contact the MAT advisor Deanna Rieke at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Students whose GPA is below a 3.0 may either take graduate coursework as a non-degree seeking graduate student or have satisfactory passing scores on the Graduate Record Exam. Please contact the MAT advisor Deanna Rieke at email@example.com for more information regarding this option.