The College of Education at the University of South Florida has three academic departments and offers many interdisciplinary programs and certificates. This page lists each department, including the programs housed in each. For more information on each program visit the All Degree Programs listing.
- Department of Teaching and Learning
- Department of Educational and Psychological Studies
- Department of Leadership, Counseling, Adult, Career and Higher Education
The Department of Teaching and Learning encompasses all initial teacher certification programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels and also includes non-teacher certification master’s degrees and advanced graduate programs in teaching and learning.
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- English Education
- Exceptional Student Education
- Foreign Language Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physical Education
- Program Development
- Reading/Language Arts
- Science Education
- Social Science Education
- Teacher Education
- Technology in Education and Second Language Acquisition
Denisse R. Thompson, Ph.D.
Interim Department Chair
Department of Teaching and Learning
Professor Emeritus, Mathematics Education
- Educational Measurement and Research
- Exercise Science
- Instructional Technology
- Interdisciplinary Education
- Educational Psychology
- School Psychology
- Social Foundations
Barbara J. Shircliffe, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, Department of Educational & Psychological Studies
The Department of Leadership, Counseling, Adult, Career and Higher Education provides advanced graduate study at the master's, educational specialist and doctoral levels to prepare individuals for roles as administrators, educators, counselors, researchers and policymakers in local, state, national and global education agencies, organizations and institutions.
- Adult Education
- Career and Technical/Workforce Education
- Counselor Education
- Educational Leadership
- Higher Education and Student Affairs
Judith A. Ponticell, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Leadership, Counseling, Adult, Career and Higher Education
Professor, Educational Leadership & Policy Studies