Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
Program Requirements for the Ed.D. in Educational Innovation
Transfer your credit: students may transfer credits into the Ed.D. program consistent with USF and USF College of Education policy. Transfer credits may not be used to satisfy Program Core Course, Concentration Core, Scholar Leader Community, or Dissertation requirements.
Course Requirements: 54 credit hours beyond the master's degree
Core Requirement (3 Credit Hours)
- EDG 7069 Sustainable Innovation in Education (3 credit hours)
Concentration Requirements (15 Credit Hours)
- EDG 7695 Problems of Practice in Education (3 credit hours)
- EDG 7936 Graduate Seminar: Leader-Scholar Community (6 credit hours)
- EDG 7941 Practicum in Educational Innovation (6 credit hours)
Concentration Electives (15 Credit Hours)
At least 4 additional 6000 or 7000 level courses selected in consultation with advisor.
- ESE 7343 Teaching and Learning in the Content Area (3 credit hours)
- EDG 7207 Transforming the Curriculum (3 credit hours)
Research Methods and Tools (9 Credit Hours)
Selection of three quantitative, qualitative, applied, or action research courses chosen in consultation with advisor.
Phil/Psy/Soc Foundations of Education (3 Credit Hours)
Course focused on equity, diversity and social justice chosen in consultation with advisor.
Dissertation in Practice (9 Credit Hours)
- EDG 7987 Dissertation in Practice (9 credit hours)
Explore Degree Information
Useful Links for Current Students