Master of Education
How to apply:
- Submit an application and supporting documents by October 15, 2017 (Spring Admissions), or June 1, 2018 (Fall Admissions).
- Apply online through The USF Office of Admissions.
- Submit one original, sealed copy of undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts to the Office of Graduate Studies. Previous USF graduates do not need to submit transcripts of USF coursework.
- Submit GRE scores, if requested by the program, to the Office of Graduate Studies.
Submit the following items to the contact below:
- Three letters of professional reference emailed by the recommender to Lisa Adkins. Please ask references to include your name and “letter of reference” in the email subject line when emailing the letter. Two of the letters should be professional references from a school or district administrator/leader or faculty member.
- Statement of Intent: Please write (in a 3-5 page double-spaced paper with a 1 inch margins) a description of your beliefs about leadership, values that inform your beliefs about leadership, leadership experience, and leadership goals. Explain how your leadership experience strongly relates to an aspect of the Department's mission statement and/or values. Additionally, discuss the aspect of the mission statement and/or values you feel least prepared to enact and how this might affect your leadership goals.
- A copy of your current resume or c.v.
- For those students seeking Florida Educational Leadership Certification, submit a COLORED copy of your Florida Professional Educator’s Certificate that clearly shows all borders and the state seal. We will also accept, as verification of Florida professional teaching certification, a printout from the Florida Department of Education’s Public Educator Certification Database. The printout must show that the student has a Florida Professional Teacher Certificate (a temporary certificate is not acceptable) and that the certificate is current during the time of admission.
Please refer to the USF Graduate Catalog for information about courses taken at other Universities and the process of transferring credits.
Please email, fax or mail the materials listed above to:
Lisa Adkins, Academic Program Specialist
Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
USF, 4202 E. Fowler Ave. EDU 105, Tampa, FL 33620