Doctor of Philosophy - Higher Education
The Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Higher Education Administration is a research degree that prepares individuals interested in teaching, research, and policy positions in both community colleges and universities.
Appropriate professional positions for graduates of this program would be:
- faculty who intend to teach in universities in the field of higher education,
- faculty who wish to teach in community colleges,
- administrators who seek positions that entail expertise in research and policy,
- institutional researchers in colleges and universities, and
- policy analysts in state and national higher education agencies and organizations.