Doctor of Philosophy
To be accepted into the program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (B) minimum in the last half of the baccalaureate degree or a grade point average of 3.5 at the master’s level; and a minimum score of 300 on the GRE (quantitative and verbal).
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted to the program coordinator. A meeting with one or more program faculty may be requested.
- A one to two page personal statement of philosophy and purpose for pursuing doctoral studies in science education.
- Evidence of prior teaching experience (preferably).
- Favorable recommendations from program faculty.