Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
Program Development (Ed.D.)
Program Development - Emphasis in Educational Innovation (EIN)
The Doctor of Education (Ed. D.) in Program Development with an emphasis on Educational Innovation offered by the USF College of Education provides graduates with the skills needed to conduct rigorous inquiry and apply the findings to real-world decision-making in professional settings. The Ed. D. is generally designed for working professionals, takes about three years to complete and is planned to help working professionals acquire knowledge and analytical skills that can be applied directly to issues in education and related fields.
The program fosters intellectual and professional growth as students work with faculty in seminars, research projects, and other assignments that deepen their understanding of innovative practices and inquiry skills and refine their ability to communicate important findings to a broad audience of practitioners and other applied researchers.
- Students complete the three-year program in a cohort with other professionals.
- Classes are scheduled using alternative formats, such as weekend meetings, hybrid design, and distance learning options to increase accessibility.
- Face-to-face classes are heavily supplemented by online activities and independent research between meeting sessions.
- The flexible format allows participants to continue with their careers while they master a range of applied research skills.
- The Dissertation in Practice requirements are rigorous but also flexible. They may be fulfilled with an applied research thesis, book, major research and development project, or with a portfolio of research-driven activities.
Because the scope of education in most communities extends well beyond the formal school environment, this program is open to students from a variety of fields engaged in or related to educational activity, including schools, businesses, nonprofits, governments, media, youth-serving agencies, and public service organizations.
Graduates are prepared to design, promote, and evaluate sustainable innovations in their professional settings and communicate the results of their work to the larger layperson and professional community.
Explore Program Information