STEM Summer Institute
The University of South Florida David C. Anchin Center STEM Summer Institute Presents
VEX Robotics Professional Development Teacher Training
TEACHER SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE!
Date: July 24-28, 2017
Time: 9 AM - 4 PM
Location: USF College of Education
Join us for a hands-on robotics professional development experience. Learn how to integrate robotics into your K-12 classrooms and interact with experienced instructors and classroom teachers.
- Choose between four different programs: Beginning IQ, Intermediate/Advanced IQ; Beginning EDR, Intermediate/Advanced EDR.
- Participate in an optional fifth-day session for Robotics Education & Competition (REC) industry certification (this certification is included in the Florida Career and Professional Education funded list)
- Learn the basics of Robot C Programming, Robot building and programming a VEX IQ or VEX EDR robot — and learn how to integrate these topics into your curriculum and lesson plans
Prerequisite/Computer Requirements: Basic computer skills and a Robot C compatible laptop are required. VEX Kits will be available to borrow for use during the week. You also have the option to purchase a kit or you may bring your own kit to use during the week.
Cost: $500 (Price includes lunch and parking), plus a $50 registration fee. Scholarships available.
STEM Summer Institute Scholarship Criteria
Through our STEM professional development scholarship program, the USF-Anchin Center offers qualifying K-12 teachers the opportunity to attend the VEX Robotics Summer Institute July 24-28, 2017. The $500 scholarship covers the cost of tuition, registration, lunch & parking . In addition to the criteria below please include a cover page with your name, contact information (address/phone number/email), current teaching position, name of your school and principal.
Additionally teachers must :
· Currently be employed as a K-12 teacher in a public/charter school
· Submit a letter of endorsement from your current principal
· Submit a statement explaining how you will utilize the Robotics Summer Institute Professional Development in your current role.
Teachers can only be awarded one scholarship and they are awarded to teachers with no other sources of funding who are planning to attend the Robotics Summer Institute 2017. We have a limited number of scholarships and applying does not guarantee funding. Scholarship recipients will be notified by June 1, 2017. Submission deadline is May 25th, 2017. Please submit your completed packet to Dr. Stacy Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Dr. Stacy Hahn
University of South Florida
David C. Anchin Center
4202 E. Fowler Ave
Tampa, Fl 33620-5650
For more information please contact Yashira Cabrera at email@example.com.