Clinical Education Training Opportunities
Clinical Educator Training for Clinical Practice Mentors (Online)
This course will prepare participants to engage in clinical practice mentoring of preservice, novice, and peer teachers in roles such as collaborating teacher, peer mentor, administrator, or supervisor. The course is designed to meet the Florida Department of Education requirement for all school district personnel and higher education instructional personnel who supervise or direct teacher preparation students during field experience courses or internships.
The course will expand participants’ understanding of the knowledge base for the teaching profession and what it means to be a clinical practice mentor to enhance teacher professional learning and development. The course will provide participants with strategies and tools to support their work as a clinical practice mentors.
- Fully online and asynchronous; participants can work at their own pace.
- Instructor feedback on each assignment
- Approximately eight weeks
- Includes readings, discussions, video examples, and practical tools and resources for clinical practice mentors
- Topics include:
- Clinical Practice as a Way of Knowing in Teaching
- Clinical Supervision and the Role of the Clinical Practice Mentor
- Developing Readiness to Give and Receive Feedback
- The Feedback Cycle, Data Collection, and Guiding Reflective Practice
- The Danielson Evaluation Tool and It’s Use with Preservice and Novice Teachers
- Participants can earn 30 in-service credits (it is the participant’s responsibility to verify in-service eligibility with their district)
- Course fee is $150
Dates for Spring/Summer 2018:
- Session 1: February 10 - April 8, 2018 (Registration is now open)
- Session 2: June 2 - July 29
To register, visit the USF Touchnet store.
For questions about clinical education training opportunities, contact Dr. Kate Boney at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 813-974-9793.