Clinical Education Training Opportunities
Clinical Educator Training for Clinical Practice Mentors (Online)
This course will prepare participants to engage in clinical practice mentoring of preservice, novice, and peer teachers in roles such as collaborating teacher, peer mentor, administrator, or supervisor. The course is designed to meet the Florida Department of Education requirement for all school district personnel and higher education instructional personnel who supervise or direct teacher preparation students during field experience courses or internships.
The course will expand participants’ understanding of the knowledge base for the teaching profession and what it means to be a clinical practice mentor to enhance teacher professional learning and development. The course will provide participants with strategies and tools to support their work as a clinical practice mentors.
- Fully online and asynchronous; participants can work at their own pace.
- Instructor feedback on each assignment
- Approximately eight weeks
- Includes readings, discussions, video examples, and practical tools and resources for clinical practice mentors
- Topics include:
- Clinical Practice as a Way of Knowing in Teaching
- Clinical Supervision and the Role of the Clinical Practice Mentor
- Developing Readiness to Give and Receive Feedback
- The Feedback Cycle, Data Collection, and Guiding Reflective Practice
- The Danielson Evaluation Tool and It’s Use with Preservice and Novice Teachers
- Participants can earn 30 inservice credits (it is the participant’s responsibility to verify inservice eligibility with their district)
- Course fee is $150
Dates for Fall 2017:
- Session 1: September 2 - October 21, 2017
- Session 2: October 28 - December 16, 2017
To register, visit the USF Touchnet store.
Clinical Practice for Improved Student Learning Invitational Institute (Hybrid – Online and Face-to-Face)
The Clinical Practice for Improved Student Learning Invitational Institute is a unique, job-embedded professional development opportunity for current teachers, particularly those seeking professional certification, to improve their practice through a combination of clinical practice strategies, weekly one-on-one coaching, face-to-face and online seminars, and collaboration with colleagues.
- Program is 15 weeks
- Job-embedded, minimal time required beyond work hours
- Coaching Sessions: Participants will have access to their coach each week for coaching sessions. Coaching sessions will be tailored to each participant’s needs and goals, and may include content planning sessions, lesson observations and feedback, problem-solving issues related to classroom management, instructional delivery, and other issues identified by the participant.
- Seminars/Workshops: Participants will engage in four face-to-face seminars and/or workshops that will allow them to collaborate with colleagues and instructors around topics relevant to teacher knowledge development. Seminar sessions will be held on Saturdays from 9am-12pm, either online or on USF’s campus on the following dates: August 26, October 6, November 10, and December 16.
- Content and Collaboration: Participants will have access to tools and resources to support their work, as well as access to an online community of colleagues within the program to share ideas, get support, and learn from one another.
- Cost: The program will be offered at NO COST for the Fall 2017 cohort (a $900 value).
Space is limited to 5 participants.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying to the program, please complete the application here.
Deadline: Full consideration will be given to applicants who submit by August 18, 2017.
For questions about these clinical education training opportunities, contact Dr. Kate Boney at email@example.com or by phone at 813-974-9793.