(813) 974- 7508
Dr. Yu Sun is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of South Florida. He was a Postdoctoral Associate at Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories (MERL), Cambridge, MA from Dec. 2007 to May 2008 and a Postdoctoral Associate in the School of Computing at the University of Utah from May 2008 to May 2009.
His research interests include intelligent systems, robotics, cyber-physical systems, computer vision, virtual reality, and medical applications. His research works have been reported on the Discovery Science Channel, Bay News 9, and Univision (Spanish).
Robotics, deep learning, object-oriented design
PhD in Computer Science, University of Utah (2007)
MS in Electrical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, China (2000)
BS in Electrical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, China (1997)
Honors and Awards:
• Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 2015-2018
• Associate Editor, IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, 2012-2015
• Associate Editor, Assembly Automation, 2015
• Co-Chair, IEEE RAS Technical Committee on Robotic Hands, Grasping, and Manipulation
• Co-Chair, IEEE RAS Membership Services Committee
• Board Member, IEEE RAS Member Activity Board
• Board Member, IEEE RAS Electronic Products and Services Board