ENB 331 | 813-974-7508
Dr. Yu Sun is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of South Florida. He was a Postdoctoral Associate at Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories (MERL), Cambridge, MA from Dec. 2007 to May 2008 and a Postdoctoral Associate in the School of Computing at the University of Utah from May 2008 to May 2009.
His research interests include intelligent systems, robotics, cyber-physical systems, computer vision, virtual reality, medical applications, and deep learning. His research works have been reported on the Discovery Science Channel, Bay News 9, and Univision (Spanish).
Robotics; deep learning; object-oriented design
PhD in Computer Science, University of Utah (2007)
MS in Electrical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, China (2000)
BS in Electrical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, China (1997)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 2015 - 2018
- Associate Editor, IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, 2012 - 2015
- Associate Editor, Assembly Automation, 2015
- Co-Chair, IEEE RAS Technical Committee on Robotic Hands, Grasping, and Manipulation
- Co-Chair, IEEE RAS Membership Services Committee
- Board Member, IEEE RAS Member Activity Board
- Board Member, IEEE RAS Electronic Products and Services Board