Professional Mentoring & Development Program
The Development Program matches students from the Center for Entrepreneurship with established entrepreneurs and business leader mentors within the Tampa Bay community.
Mentoring is a professional relationship in which an experienced mentor assists a mentoree in developing specific skills and knowledge that will enhance a person's professional and personal growth.
Frequency of meetings
- Mentor/Mentoree relationship will last for a period of 1 year
- Mentor/Mentoree will meet 1 time per month in person with one additional touch point of their choosing (phone, skype, in person) for a total of 2 interactions per month.
If you have any questions, please contact Jordan Casal at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- "The USF mentor program is one of the most valuable programs I have had the privilege
of participating in. Parker and I clicked instantly and have already been collaborating
on projects together."
Chris Krimitsos, Mentor
- "The mentor program offered by the Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of
South Florida has far exceeded my expectations and business needs. After a screening
process, the program matched me with an individual who shares my interests and business
values. I was paired with a local business leader who not only became a mentor, but
more importantly a friend. This business relationship is one that fostered valuable
conversations coupled with priceless advise directly related to my current entrepreneurial
endeavors. I never imagined the impact the mentor program would have on the way I
view small business."
Parker Rabow, Entrepreneurship Student
- "The mentor that I was paired with through the mentor program is almost single-handedly
responsible for my product, AquaMelon Water, being introduced to the Tampa Bay Region
in Beta Test phase this summer. My mentor leveraged over 20 years of industry expertise
and numerous high-level industry contacts to accelerate the development of my product
from prototype-phase to a commercially viable product that met regulatory requirements
and could be tested in the marketplace. Equally important, my mentor taught me how
to identify and vet the manufacturers needed to quickly scale production to meet marketplace
demands. My mentor has been amazing!"
Desmond Williams, Entrepreneurship Student
- "The mentor program connected me with a mentor that taught me valuable lessons in
business you can't get in the classroom. It's important to have a honest mentor to
guide you in the right direction, especially as a young entrepreneur. I encourage
all Entrepreneurship students to sign up for the program."
Sven Teuber, Entrepreneurship Student