First Generation Matching Grant
As the name implies, the First Generation Matching Grant (FGMG) provides funds to students who meet the state of Florida definition of First Generation. Funding comes from donations to the USF Foundation and matching funds from the State of Florida. FGMG awards are made as funds become available; this is normally during late fall.
To be considered for an FGMG award, students must:
- be admitted as a degree seeking undergraduate;
- be classified as a Florida resident;
- complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the published priority deadline;
- be Pell Grant eligible;
- certify first generation status (neither parent has earned a bachelor's degree or higher);
- maintain satisfactory academic progress; and
- enroll full time in USF classes.
In order to be considered for funding in subsequent years, recipients must earn 24 credits hours with a 2.5 GPA during the fall and spring semester of the award (summer enrollment cannot be considered for renewal) and meet the criteria 1-7 above.