Federal Work Study (FWS)
When must I stop working?
You are no longer eligible to earn FWS and must stop working immediately:
- If you drop below 6 active USF undergraduate credit hours; or
- If you reach your fall FWS award amount and are not registered for spring classes; or
- If you graduate at the end of fall semester; or
- If your degree level changes to graduate; or
- If you have earned your entire FWS award
Additionally, your supervisor will share with you the last day you can work each semester. The only way you may continue working after your FWS award has been earned is if your employer has funds to cover you on their payroll as a regular wage employee. Check with your supervisor!