Planning For Study Abroad
- Know which type of program you plan to attend (direct, transfer, or exchange). Note: Financial aid may not be available for non-USF sponsored/exchange programs
- Meet with a financial aid advisor to discuss your financial aid options
- Sign up for e-Deposit in OASIS to easily access your funds after your enrollment is confirmed
- Plan ahead to use your own funds to pay all required expenses before your financial
- Financial aid will not pay before USF's standard payment date each term.
- If you participate in a transfer or exchange program, your financial aid will not pay until verification of your enrollment at the school abroad is received.
- Enrollment verification must be received from your school abroad after the first week of classes at the school, and your classes must match those on your study abroad contract (see below if your classes are not registered at USF).
- Short term loans are available to help you with pre-departure costs, if you qualify (financial aid appointment required).
- Meet with an Education Abroad (EA) advisor to confirm your program
- Direct programs have no additional requirements
- Transfer and exchange programs require you to complete the financial aid study abroad contract
- Attend the mandatory pre-departure meeting held by Education Abroad
If your classes are not registered at USF, you must:
- Request enrollment verification from your school abroad, after your first week of classes, to be sent to USFAS. Be sure your name, USF ID and classes are in English on the enrollment verification document
- Request your official transcripts, once your classes have ended, to be sent to the USF Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Your next term financial aid will be held if your classes and grades are not on your academic records by the tenth week of classes.