Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
2016-17 Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
Your financial aid award offer is based on full-time enrollment and reflects your eligibility based on your grade level, residency status and other program specific criteria at the time of the award offer. If you enroll less than full time, your budget will be reduced to reflect your enrollment status and award amounts adjusted accordingly. Your actual award amounts will be determined 30 days prior to the start of each semester and will be based on your credit hour enrollment and length of courses.
NOTE: If you received your aid offer after these adjustments start in a given semester, your budget and aid offered may already reflect your less than full time enrollment.
If you do not enroll in the fall semester, the initial offer is void and you will be re-awarded should you enroll in the spring. This may result in a loss of previously awarded aid programs.
Your eligibility for financial aid funds requires you to satisfy the following terms and conditions:
- Enroll as a degree seeking student.
- Meet the specific enrollment requirements and academic requirements to receive funds for each financial aid program you have been awarded. More information
about the requirements for your specific awards is available in OASIS after you accept
these Terms and Conditions.
- Report aid you expect to receive from sources not shown on your award notice to minimize delay
in your aid being paid. Examples of such sources include tuition waivers, fellowships,
scholarships, veteran's benefits, or vocational rehabilitation benefits. If you expect
funds from these or other sources, notify us immediately via OASIS. Choose 'Financial Aid,' then 'My Award & Loan Information,' then 'Resources/Additional Information' tab. Enter the resource information and submit. Your financial aid offer may need
to be reduced and aid repaid.
- Attend class. Attendance is required to receive financial aid (including student loans). If you
drop some classes, stop all classes or totally withdraw you may be required to immediately repay some financial aid (including student loans).
- Check your financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status each semester in OASIS. Under the Financial Aid tab, click 'My Award and Loan Information'. SAP must be met each semester in order to receive funding from most financial aid
- Check OASIS each semester to see that you have satisfied all requirements to receive financial
aid. Choose 'Financial Aid,' then 'My Requirements, Bookstore Authorizations and Deferments.'
- Verification must be completed and your FAFSA information updated (if required) before your aid can pay. If you do not complete verification promptly when requested, aid previously offered may be cancelled.